Part 3 Objectification, Gender & Power in Ads
Read the following short article before answering the questions.
The Link provided is the website article to help answer part 3
Case Study – Calvin Klein – USE THE CK AD FROM THE HOME PAGE — this is an actual print ad from a magazine — Review the ad and respond to the following questions: Study the image, does the woman appear to be enjoying this, Be sure to fully elaborate with all of the responses below
- 1. Brand & Product (what’s for sale) – what if the ad was not labeled or I did not tell you the brand – what would you then think was for sale – remember advertisers are selling a lifestyle – what type of lifestyle is Calvin Klein selling in this ad? How would you describe it? Elaborate with specific examples
- Target Audience – elaborate, use demographics and psychographics
a. A min. of four demographics to include gender
b. A min. of three psychographics
c. Generational category
- 3. Discuss the objectification in this ad – elaborate to provide specific examples from the images (min. 60 words) include word count
- 4. Gender stereotypes –
a. For the female – support with examples from images
b. For the males – support with examples from images
- 5. Discuss hyper-sexualization in this ad with examples – elaborate with specific examples
- 6. Discuss the Power & Gender in this ad. elaborate with specific examples
a. Who seems to have the power
b. Discuss why to support your conclusion in your response for a –
- 7. According to the article on Kilbourne, what are some effects of the ad you’ve just analyzed? Essay should be a min of 150 words, can be longer. Include a min. of two citations from the reading you can use the paragraph number rather than page #.
Also attached a picture since in part 3 it mentions to take a look at the photo
The post Women and gender studies appeared first on ACED ESSAYS.