Business Schools of Asia-Pacific
The pursuit of a higher education degree in business is now international. A survey shows that more and more Asians choose the Master of Business Administration degree route to corporate success. As a result, the number of applicants for MBA courses at Asia-Pacific schools continues to increase.
Across the region, thousands of Asians show an increasing willingness to temporarily shelve their careers and spend two years in pursuit of a theoretical business qualification. Courses in these schools are notoriously tough and include economics, banking, marketing, behavioral sciences, labor relations, decision making, strategic thinking, business law, and more. The data set shows some of the characteristics of the leading Asia-Pacific business schools.
The complete data set, consisting of 25 observations, is stored in the Excel file: MBA.xlsx. Please download the file.
You should consider the following instructions when answering the case study question and preparing your report:
- For confidence intervals:
- Check all assumptions.
- Interpret the results.
- For testing hypothesis:
- State the null and alternative hypotheses.
- Check the necessary assumptions.
- Use a 0.05 level of significance
- Report the P-value and the test statistic.
- Make a conclusion statement in the words of the original problem.
- For the report
- Should be typed.
- All pages must be stapled together.
- Show all of your work.
- The report should have the following item
- Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Main text
- You may work in groups of up to 3 on the project and turn in one paper with everyone’s name on it
- Use Minitab to do the following project.
- You can cut and paste only the relevant parts of the computer output to support your analysis.
Case Study Questions:
- Use descriptive statistics to summarize the data.
Include a summary for each variable in the data set. Make comments and interpretations based on maximums and minimums, as well as the appropriate means and proportions.
- Construct a 95% confidence interval of the mean starting salaries.
- Is there any significant difference in mean starting salaries due to schools requiring and not requiring English tests?
- Construct a 95% confidence interval estimate of the mean starting salaries difference for schools requiring and not requiring English tests.
- Explain how your conclusion in part (3) can be derived from part (4).
- Is there any significant difference in mean starting salaries due to schools requiring and not requiring work experience.
- Is there a difference between the proportions of requiring English tests and requiring GMAT?
- Construct a 95% confidence interval of the difference in proportions of requiring English tests and requiring GMAT.
- Explain how your conclusion in part (7) can be derived from part (8).
- Test the significance of the relation between local tuition and foreign tuition.
The post The pursuit of a higher education degree appeared first on My Assignment Online.