3 Written Assessment
Legal analysis of workplace incident
Read the scenario provided on the unit Moodle site.
With reference to the material presented in weeks 7 – 12, you are required to determine whether any of the provisions of the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (or comparable legislation in Victoria or Western Australia) have been breached?
Explain your answer with reference to the various duty holders involved and specific provisions of the Act, Regulation, relevant Codes of Practice and any other relevant guidance material.
(2 500 – 3 000 words)
Submit your answer as an essay, in Word format only. Inclusion of external sources should be referenced appropriately.
Assessment Due Date
Week 12 Friday (9 Oct 2020) 11:45 pm AEST
Return Date to Students
Exam Week Friday (23 Oct 2020)
Following certification of grades.
Minimum mark or grade
You must achieve a minimum grade of 50% for this item and an overall grade of at least 50% to be eligible to pass the unit.
Your submission will be graded according to the following criteria:
- Depth of understanding in formulating responses to the assigned task
- Alignment of responses to the assigned task
- Connections between discussion and evidence
- Depth and extent of discussion i.e., understanding of concepts and evidence
- Accuracy and originality of the discussion
- Judgment and reasoning i.e., assertions made based on level of critical thought, analysis and synthesis
- Depth and extent of evidence used
- Consideration of required components of the assigned task
- Structure and flow of information
- Coherence and clarity of expression (spelling, grammar, syntax)
- Style and formatting in accordance with required academic standards
- Typographical matters
- Referencing protocols
- Harvard (author-date)
Learning Outcomes Assessed
- Describe the current work health and safety and workers’ compensation legal frameworks in Australia.
- Apply relevant principles in order to determine workers’ compensation entitlements.
- Adopt a legal fault tree approach to the chain of incident causation in order to construct an accident analysis from a legal perspective.
- Apply common law and statutory work health and safety provisions to determine liability.
- Identify appropriate responses to the enforcement mechanisms contained in work health and safety legislation.
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Information Literacy
- Information Technology Competence
- Cross Cultural Competence
- Ethical practice
The post Legal analysis of workplace incident appeared first on My Assignment Online.