- The “Competencies for Addressing Spiritual and Religious Issues in Counseling” were developed by which of the following divisions of the American Counseling Association?a.Association for Spiritual, Ethical, and Religious Values in Counselingb.Association for Religion, Philosophy, and Spirituality in Counselingc.American Pastoral Counselors Associationd.There is not a division of the American Counseling Association that developed these competencies.
- The first person to introduce the subjects of consciousness, spiritualism, and psychical research into the mental health fields was:a.Carl Jungb.Abraham Maslowc.William Jamesd.Sigmund Freud
- The core practice of transpersonal counseling includes which of the following:a.Mindfulnessb.Yogac.Biofeedbackd.All of the above
- Which of the following is one of the “Competencies for Addressing Spiritual and Religious Issues in Counseling”?a.The professional counselor can describe the similarities and differences between spirituality and religion, including the basic beliefs of various spiritual systems, major world religions, agnosticism, and atheism.b.The professional counselor recognizes that the client’s beliefs (or absence of beliefs) about spirituality and/or religion are central to his or her worldview but cannot influence psychosocial functioning.c.The professional counselor can identify the limits of his or her understanding of the client’s spiritual and/or religious perspective and is acquainted with religious and spiritual resources, including leaders, who can join in counseling sessions with the counselor and client.d.All of the above
- The family life spiral is:a.An example of family declineb.A linear modelc.An example of a life stressord.A developmental model
- The relational-cultural theory emphasizes the vital rolea.that relationships and connectedness with others play in the lives of women.b.of a spiritual or religious perspective in providing women with strength.c.that siblings play in the shaping of personalityd. in understanding how early childhood is a crucial factor in a woman’s personality development.
- Within the transpersonal states of functioning, which of the following developmental lines or stages exist?a.cognitiveb.vision logicc.psychicd.all of the above
- Which of the following family therapists is best known for his/her conjoint approach to treatment?a.Satirb.Bowenc.Haleyd.Minuchin
- Self-in-relation theory is the work of:a.Sharf and Bemb.Jordan and Surreyc.Jean Baker Millerd.Betty Freidan
- Which of the following is not a fundamental principle of feminist counselors?a.The personal is politicalb.A commitment to social changec.A commitment to the establishment of an authoritarian relationshipd.Honoring women’s experiences and appreciating their perspectives, values, and strengths
- According to transpersonalism:a.Healthy development is marked by one’s advancement from personal to transpersonal concerns.b.Healthy development is marked by one’s quality of relationships.c.Healthy development is impossible to define.d.Healthy development is not a goal.
- The term _______________ means beyond the personal, ego, or self.a.archetypalb.transpersonalc.reductionisticd.monistic
- A counselor directing family members to engage in a communication game to examine how their incongruent messages lead to pain and lower self-esteem is following which approach to family therapy?
A counselor directing family members to engage in a communication game to examine how their incongruent messages lead to pain and lower self-esteem is following which approach to family therapy?
The post Teasing out stressors appeared first on My Assignment Online.