Assessment Task 1a: Group Presentation of a Humanities Artefact
Assessment Task 1a: Group Presentation of a Humanities Artefact (1,000 words or equiv. • Group of 4
Maximum 6. (8 -10 minutes’ duration)
2. PowerPoint file to be retrieved from PebblePad by assessor andmarkedwithinPebblePad
20% 2, 3
11.55pm, Friday 20th April
The group presentation is to be uploaded as a narrated PowerPoint submission. Duration:
The presentation file is to be uploaded once per group.
Campus-specific Assessment Task 1a PebblePadWorkbook: groupto collaborateonPebblePadWorkbooknarrated
PowerPoint uploaded to this Workbook);
Grading Criteria and Feedback
Marks and feedback will be returned through the submission, within three (3) weeks of submission for
assessment. Feedback will be in the form of an electronic descriptive rubric sheet.
1. Explanation of the rationale for an inclusive and engagingresource/artefactforHumanitiesteaching
2. Appropriateandjustifiedcurriculumarticulationandcross-curricular connections, demonstratingknowledgeofthe
Humanities discipline and curriculumknowledge
3. Demonstration of inclusive and engaging teaching and learningstrategiesutilisingtheresource/artefact
4. Explicit and effective strategies for teaching students ofvaryingabilitiesandcharacteristics
4/17/2020 [In Process] 54804 – Assessment Task 1a: Group Presentation of
5. Demonstrated knowledgeof effectivesequencing ofteaching and learning, andofsequencingofresource/artefact
broader unit plans
6. Justification of claims and ideas using curriculum and researchliterature
Clarity of ideas; preparation and organisation of work.
Description of Task
disciplinary and inclusive Humanities Inquiry Unit.
selected Humanities topic. The
Students will receive a group mark and grade for this assessment task. Please
Steps to completion:
topic you may discuss this with
1. 2. 3.
of 8 -10
Thegroup is to locate or adapt an engaging, student-centred, artefact for launching the teaching and learning of
artefact tied to the overview unit must be suitable for linking with all of the following: at least ONE other
curriculum area (e.g. Visual Arts, English, Science),and
ONE of the cross-curricular priorities
The group must describe an overview of the related HumanitiesUnit.
The presentation should demonstrate how to engage a primary school class for a
group is to select an issue – social, political, economic or environmental. If you are unsure about your
your tutor for clarification. The group presentation is to be uploaded as an electronic submission
artefact and the presentation are to be interactive and might involve a resource (such as a song, film, image, text,
venue or speaker) The responsibilities of the group are to be equally demonstrated and include:
or a strategy (such as a game, thinking tools, key question or brainstorming) that the group has determined
would be useful for launching a primary-level Humanities Lesson Sequence.
• the ways in which the unit would be introduced to thestudents;
• thereasons why the artefact (resourceorstrategy) was chosen(group is to providea well-articulated rationaleand
potential for engagement);
• thepotential connections between theunit with other curriculum areas eg Visual Arts, Science
• Reference to suitable excursions, incursions, and/or field trips within the broader teaching
So for our topic we decided to do a boomerang as our artefact
I need only one slide about 3min
my part is
this ,Suggest a teaching strategy (such as a game, thinking tool, key questioning or brainstorm using a graphic
organizer) to launch the inquiry and how the strategy would inform you of student prior knowledge and lead into
new learning experiences. Justify
with reference to relevant educational theory
The post Assessment Task 1a: Group Presentation of a Humanities Artefact (1,000 words or equiv. • Group of 4 Maximum 6. (8 -10 minutes’ duration) appeared first on Versed Writers.
The post Assessment Task 1a: Group Presentation of a Humanities Artefact appeared first on My Assignment Online.