ASSIGNMENT 2: PUBLIC LEADERSHIP AND DIVERSITY
Due Week 6 and worth 200 points
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Define what is a public leader? Cite experiences and research to support your assertions.
- Based on your readings, describe and develop an overview of a public leader—one male and one female—that embody your ideal of a public leader and the leadership theories and styles that they manifest.
- Reflect on the events of the 1990s and the tremendous social and governmental changes that happened at that time. Discuss the roles of Nelson Mandela, Desmond Tutu, and F. W. de Klerk in facilitating change, recognizing diversity, and leading courageously.
- Discuss gender diversity in the workplace, including the increasing numbers of women in the workplace and leadership positions. If you’ve ever had a leader of another gender, discuss the pros and cons of your experience.
- Suggest one (1) key strength or weakness that could influence your ability to be a public leader.
- Include at least four (4) peer-reviewed references (at least one (1) must be no more than 3 months old) from material outside the textbook. Note: Appropriate peer-reviewed references include scholarly articles and government websites. Wikipedia, other wikis, and any other websites ending in anything other than “.gov” do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Differentiate among the styles of public leadership.
- Determine the role of public leadership in influencing the operations of public organizations and decisions of public administrators.
- Discuss gender diversity in the workplace.
- Examine the personal aspects of public leadership and professional ethics.
- Assess how to motivate, communicate, implement change, and resolve conflicts as an effective public leader.
- Analyze the concepts of leadership and the qualities, skills, and practices necessary for effective public leadership.
The post Discuss gender diversity in the workplace appeared first on My Assignment Online.