Week 3 Assignment
Strategies for Change
Step 2: Build the Team
Having the desire to change a situation on your own is often not sufficient to get the job done. More often than not, change requires the help of a team of individuals. Last week you learned about how to create urgency. So now you have the people around you motivated and ready to act. That’s a great start, but what comes next? Can everyone just dive in and get it done? More than likely it will take a bit more planning and coordination than that. You’ll need to create the right team and guide them in the right direction to accomplish the desired change successfully.
Read Step 2 “Build the Guiding Team” from Kotter and Cohen’s The Heart of Change. First, review the feedback from your instructor on Part 2 along with the discussion on urgency you had with your peers last week. Use any new information you gained from the discussion and feedback from your instructor to revise and improve Part 2 of your project.
Next, compile Part 3 of your project, explaining how you would build your team to address change in your organization. Explain how you would show enthusiasm and commitment to draw in the right team players, how you would model trust and teamwork, how you would structure the team, and how you will inject energy into the group. Be sure to touch on potential pitfalls in this step that you will avoid. You may find the material under Build the Guiding Team helpful in reviewing the key points of what to do and not do when building your team. Be sure your paper touches on the key elements of each as they pertain to your organization.
Be sure to include at least three scholarly references to support your assertions written in your own words. Do not copy word for word from the course text or any other sources. Your submission this week is Part 3 of the final project.
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted and graded:
- Write between 1,000 – 1,250 words (approximately 4 – 6 pages) using Microsoft Word in APA style.
- Use font size 12 and 1” margins.
- Include cover page and reference page.
- At least 80% of your paper must be original content/writing.
- No more than 20% of your content/information may come from references.
- Use an appropriate number of references to support your position, and defend your arguments. The following are examples of primary and secondary sources that may be used, and non-credible and opinion based sources that may not be used.
- Primary sources such as, government websites (United States Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics, United States Census Bureau, The World Bank, etc.), peer reviewed and scholarly journals in EBSCOhost and Google Scholar.
- Secondary and credible sources such as, CNN Money, The Wall Street Journal, trade journals, and publications in EBSCOhost.
- Non-credible and opinion based sources such as, Wikis, Yahoo Answers, eHow, blogs, etc. should not be used.
- Cite all reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) in the paper and list on a reference page in APA style.
Here are some resources to help you format your written assignments using the APA style guide.
Click on the link below for a downloadable template (MS Word document) to help you with your paper.
The post Bus w3 | Human Resource Management homework help appeared first on EssayBishop.
The post Human Resource Management homework help appeared first on My Assignment Online.