In 10-12 pages
Written assignment on strategies for classifying and treating offenders (10-12 pages)
Based on the seven (7) types of offender rehabilitation treatments:
- Substance abuse
- Sex offender
How should offenders and treatment needs be determined and classified?
These programs have been proven to assist numerous offender populations, but there are no clear guidelines that address how or when they should be implemented within correctional institutions. In this assignment, students will select 5 of the 7 types of rehabilitative treatments to analyze and discuss.
- Select five (5) of the rehabilitative treatment types from the list above.
- Write 5-6 pages that address the following:
- The name and purpose of each selected rehabilitative treatment
- The scope of the treatments
- What conditions or problems do the programs aim to treat?
- What are the limitations of the programs?
- What type(s) of offenders should be treated?
- How you classify offenders and treatment needs?
- The effectiveness of the programs within your rehabilitative treatment categories
- What types of offenders are ideal candidates for these types of treatments?
- Be sure to use examples to support your explanation
In 3-4 pages additional words, discuss the impact that one of your selected rehabilitative treatments has had on the field of corrections and society’s view of offender rehabilitation within the last 10 years.
In 3-5 paragraphs
n this assignment, you will examine the 3 social sectors (housing, employment, and training and support) and analyze how the treatment methods are affecting social rehabilitation of offenders.
- Address the following in 3–5 paragraphs:
- Is total social rehabilitation possible? In other words, can an offender completely renew himself or herself and reenter society? Why or why not?
- As an employer, would you be hesitant about hiring an individual with a history of crime or incarceration?
- What factors would contribute to your decision-making process?
- Do you believe it is possible to actually determine whether or not an offender has been successfully rehabilitated? Why or why not?
- What do you think should be the final test of successful rehabilitation? How would it be effective?
The post Treating offenders | Law homework help appeared first on EssayBishop.